This recipe for cod with garlic and oregano is very simple to make and is a lovely light dish for the summer with some great flavours of Spain. Fresh cod works well with this recipe and although you could use bacalao thick fresh fillets are best to take on the garlic and fresh oregano. Tip: Don’t want to use fresh cod? – ask your fishmonger for ‘Pollock’ instead as a viable alternative.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Marinade: 30 minutes
2 x 400g Fresh cod fillets
2 x Garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp Fresh oregano (leaves chopped finely)
Sprinkle of ground black pepper
- In a pestle and mortar crush the garlic, add the chopped oregano and light sprinkle of pepper.
- Drizzle in some olive oil and mix well.
- Rub the mixture all over the cod, cover and leave in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the cod on a terracotta baking tray and cook in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes or fresh salad.